Friday, February 19, 2010

SUCKER FOR LOVE LAMB

     There is one clear path to my heart: its through my stomach. So for the official day of loving, my sweetheart prepared for me the most belly loving dinner. This boy knows what gets me hot: meat! Rack of Lamb in Morel Sauce. Really? Yes. Plus, Shiitakes, Whole Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Lemon Asparagus. Plus he's super fine, so I really enjoyed watching him butchering or as he put it, "frenching" the lamb chops in my kitchen while I put the final touches on his Valentine's Day Card.
      You can take your woman out to eat and buy her flowers and chocolates. Thats nice, generic but nice. And what did you actually DO for her? Not much more than slap down some cash. What I adore about my Valentine is he is a man of action. Talk is cheap, preparing succulent locally farmed lamb for your lady is not.
       The meal was fantastic; restaurant quality in my dining room. I could not believe how exquisite the red wine morel sauce was, which he carefully drizzled over the lamb. It was all so amazing. Where did I find this guy? Oh yeah, did I tell you we met on a farm? And he gave me a bouquet of purple basil. Have I thoroughly embarrassed you yet, Markus?
       If not, here goes: The meal was perfection and the entire day was perfection. There was napping, homemade card making, and even a brisk walk in the park. It was the best Valentine's Day ever! I'm a lucky gal. Thank you, my love. 
     Yes, there was dessert, too. I made truffles for the first time. Matcha Chocolate Truffles with coconut milk and I spiked them with whiskey. 

2 comments:

Pizzablogger said...

"and I spiked them with whiskey"

Sold! :)

Chef Fresco said...

Aww how sweet! We cooked in for v-day too - way better than going out :) The truffles looks super tasty too - esp with the spike :)